02 November, 2008

The big event

Last weekend was the Mater Dei Race Day. A huge and fabulous fundraiser that I've been on the committee of for over a year.
The marquee was fantastic, with 'bling' trees on every table and fairy lights everywhere, and the crowd joined in the fun with most people wearing black, white and bling.
We made heaps of money to get the school air conditioned and I'm very happy about that. It was the most successful fundraiser I've been associated with.
I'm turning around now to do a presentation for Melbourne Cup day at Platform 9, then at the High Tea for Tanop function in Brisbane on 15th November.
It's a busy time of year.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:45 am

    I wish I had been there. I wish I was a Mater Dei mum! Maybe one day. Did anyone win any money? - that's what I want to know!

    ReplyDelete

I hate to admit it, but I do love comments! Please make sure you have email 'enabled' or leave an address, or I can't stay in touch, sorry!

Related Posts with Thumbnails