26 April, 2009

I love home grown cherry tomatoes

I planted 8 cherry tomato seedlings about 6 weeks ago and now they're growing taller than the house!
I have NEVER successfully grown anything before (I forget to water things - apparently that's a problem), but these have taken off and are fruiting so madly that every meal includes cherry tomatoes in some form at the moment.
I've been making some fabulous tarts with caramelised onion, cherry tomatoes and olives, and I did a Donna Hay chicken meal that I'll definitely photograph next time because, my God, it was just delicious, and really easy.
So there's my boast for today. I can grow something.
Now, back to sewing labels on teatowels, ready for packaging.

3 comments:

  1. Lozzie8:54 am

    Gorgeous photo of Sophia - I even recognize the dress. I've been meaning to tell you that I check out your blog regularly so keep it up. Less than two weeks now though until we see you - can't wait - it is freezing down here on the Murray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! The look great. And that would never happen in Melbourne - in fact, mine have trouble growing even in summer (stupid balcony with not enough sun).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:33 am

    You are now hooked forever. You will always want to grow something. Don't stop. The sky's the limit. Grow a variety of things. You will learn something every day. Grow for show, grow for profit, grow just because you can. Go for bragging rights. To me gardening is very addictive to me. It is awesome. My email address is LCSTMCHL@yahoo.com. I would love to hear some success stories from some beginner gardeners.

    ReplyDelete

I hate to admit it, but I do love comments! Please make sure you have email 'enabled' or leave an address, or I can't stay in touch, sorry!

Related Posts with Thumbnails