20 October, 2009

A few important lines

Now, I don't own this book, but I saw this poem here and it spoke to me. (I also don't know why these lines are underlined and I don't seem to be able to STOP IT!)

Simple Abundance - A Daybook of Comfort and Joy

Cultivate gratitude.
Carve out an hour a day for solitude.
Begin and end the day with prayer, meditation, reflection.
Keep it simple.
Keep your house picked up.*
Don't overschedule.*
Strive for realistic deadlines.*
Never make a promise you can't keep.
Allow an extra half hour for everything you do.
Create quiet surroundings at home and at work.
Go to bed at nine o'clock twice a week.*
Always carry around something interesting to read.
Breathe- deeply and often.
Move- walk, dance, run; find a sport you enjoy.
Drink pure spring water. Lots of it.*
Eat only when hungry.*
If it's not delicious, don't eat it.*
Be instead of do.
Set aside one day a week for rest and renewal.
Laugh more often.
Luxuriate in your senses.
Always opt for comfort.
If you don't love it, live without it.*
Let Mother Nature nuture.
Don't answer the telephone during dinner.***
Stop trying to please everybody.
Start pleasing yourself.
Stay away from negative people.
Don't squander precious resources: time, creative energy, emotion.
Nuture friendships.*
Don't be afraid of your passion.
Approach problems as challenges.
Honor your aspirations.
Set achievable goals.
Surrender expectations.
Savor beauty.
Create boundaries.
For every "yes", let there be a "no".
Don't worry; be happy.
Remember, happiness is a living emotion.
Exchange security for serenity.
Care for your soul.
Cherish your dreams.
Express love every day.
Search for your authentic self until you find her.

The ones that I've * starred* are the ones I'm working on extra hard this week. I'm going to print the whole thing out and stick it on the fridge and work through it. Could take a while...

And thank you S for coming by today. xxx

3 comments:

  1. It's an excellent list that I could use too.
    When blogger does weird things (like the underline thing) can you copy and paste from the part that doesn't? I feel like I always have to try and "trick" the new blogger. It does have it's shortcomings. I also find that you can do some things in one browser but not the other. eg, I can only resize the photos in the post when I'm in Explorer. Really weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that passage AND that book. And when I'm not reading it -- a bit at a time -- on any regular basis, I know things are in disarray in my life. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:12 pm

    Ha Ha Ha three stars for not answering the phone during dinner....mmmm Why???? lol
    What a great list....
    Big hugs....talk soon (after dinner that is) xxxx Breezy

    ReplyDelete

I hate to admit it, but I do love comments! Please make sure you have email 'enabled' or leave an address, or I can't stay in touch, sorry!

Related Posts with Thumbnails