07 April, 2010

Words to work by

There's no doubt about it, I'm a visual person. But from time to time words do it for me.

Here are some of the words I've chosen to display on my desk - perhaps some of them will speak to you too.

 
A print by Jen from Swallowfield.

 
My calligraphy from years ago. Reminding me anything's possible.

My calligraphy again. Love this call to action.

 This is also important to remember.

 
I tend to make all the cards I give, but occasionally I buy them to keep for me. This is one of them.

 Googling to find out more about Laini Taylor, the artist that made these lovely hanging ladies, led me to the world of blogs a few years ago.
One reads:
“When I stand before God at the end of my life I would hope that I have not a single bit of talent left, and I could say I used everything you gave me” (erma bombeck)
and the other reads
"Dream, grow wings, soar."
Reading her blog today is still wonderful. She's a writer and an artist with a baby, who often stays up til 2 in the morning, painting and doing stuff - can you see why I like her?

 A few words that remind me of friends I've lost.

 A favourite from Paper Boat Press.

 As my Mum always said, "Smile and they won't notice the toothpaste on your shirt". 

What words do you have up in your workspace?

2 comments:

  1. Simplicity is complexity in its purest form...

    love and many hugs xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not what happens to you but how you deal with it that determines happiness....Buddha

    ReplyDelete

I hate to admit it, but I do love comments! Please make sure you have email 'enabled' or leave an address, or I can't stay in touch, sorry!

Related Posts with Thumbnails