28 July, 2010

Yummy Boozy Roast

I'm having trials with keeping a three-year-old in bed tonight, and am not feeling as patient as this post may sound.


Luckily tonight was not totally lost, as my oldest son did his first roast using the ingredients above. This recipe was mentioned by a friend just last night, so it was my first time too.


We put a 1.8kg lump of beef in a casserole dish, poured over the Guiness, then the plum sauce, and finished by sprinkling over the french onion soup mix. Put the lid on the pot and into the oven at 180 degrees. Two hours later - voila! Delicious.

My friend, Suzanne-the-Sauce-Queen, could no doubt have done wonders with the liquid in the pot. But we ate it with green beans and mashed potato and it was terrific. And the leftovers will be very handy.

And I think I needed the iron. Very tired. So goodnight!

6 comments:

  1. That looks fantastic!

    I love roasts!

    I'm strating a new linky next Tuesday with my weekly Easy Peasy Dinners and this would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! What a brilliant eldest lad. That does look mouth-wateringly delicious and so nice on a cold night.

    I'l going to trial your cake when I remember and see if I don't stuff it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing - that is making my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking! I am so keen to try this! We have roasts regularly at this house and it is always nice to do things differently!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the name of it and it certainly does sound super easy and delicious. Great recipe idea. Lou.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had Boozy Roast Tonight - Fantastic! Was a hit with all the boys - yippee -thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

I hate to admit it, but I do love comments! Please make sure you have email 'enabled' or leave an address, or I can't stay in touch, sorry!

Related Posts with Thumbnails