16 November, 2010

It's time


It's that time of year again - I was trying to put it off until the end of term, but I couldn't wait. I needed to find what day a date in February 2011 was.

So I caved and put up the first 2/3 of 2011. It's a blank slate. Gorgeous. Clean. Full of potential.


(It comes as one big page, but I need to cut it so I can open the pantry - although hey, that would be one diet that I haven't tried yet...)

Can I tell you how much I LOVE my REMO Tempus Fugit Wall Planner? If you've been following me for over a year, you probably already know.

It's a year at a glance. It has our regular phone numbers in the margins. It means I don't miss tuckshop baking, dentist appointments and birthday parties. It's concise and to the point. And I can see everything with a phone in one hand and a baby in the other.

Get REMO Tempus Fugit WallPlanner 2011 from REMO General StoreClick on this little square image if you want to see for yourself. They're about $17 I think. Have I mentioned that I love mine?


Taking that photo of the pantry door, made me notice the round, black remnants of the 'child-proof' lock thing we tried to keep the girls out with. Hmmm. Didn't last long actually.


Similar story on the fridge...


And on this kitchen cupboard (where we store the dry pet food - which has some sort of bizarre attraction to my kids)...


And this contraption on the TV cabinet does virtually nothing...


So, in response to Amber Dusick's question about how much parenting gear is enough,  I can say that we've tried a lot of it, but either the kids are too smart, or the locks are too weak, but really, we may as well not have anything. I know that one day soon I'll notice that the baby's over the constantly-poaching-yogurts-from-the-fridge activity that is her favourite at the moment.

And that will be a very special day.

One thing I can say worked though, are these door locks (door knob covers - not quite sure what they're called, but we got ours from Target).


They stop the little girls getting into the boys rooms (and up onto their bunks) even when they're tall enough to reach the handle. Adults can open the door by holding in the red buttons to grip the doorknob. Saved us putting on locks, and has kept the girls safe. Love them.

And that's my community service tip for the day. What child safety gadgets have worked for you?

3 comments:

  1. I just cant stop wondering on seeing your planned calendar,, this is just wowwww!!! you are such a busy bee..

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh so organised, great tip, not sure if I can go there yet, the idea of a planned out year amazes and terrifies me... Not at all sure why!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this planner to bits. For years I had the Sydney Herald free Leunig Calendar which is sublime but I have to say, since you got me onto the Fujit last year I will never look back. It accommodates the five kids, the beloved's many aways and all the family brahooha easily. The only change will be next year I will not use red pen as it looks mighty scary around this time of year.

    ReplyDelete

I hate to admit it, but I do love comments! Please make sure you have email 'enabled' or leave an address, or I can't stay in touch, sorry!

Related Posts with Thumbnails